This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

September 23, 2011

 
Saturday September 23, 1989 Moms, Geeky Girls and Me

Up with Miss D until 7am. That’s not right, and I sure as hell ought to know what wrong feels like by now.

In theory, I should be able to handle at least that, hanging out and not being a jag…with intermittent smooching. That’s my goal here. There is hope for me being a real person, and trying to be a decent fellow (not boyfriend) and be honest. Treat people with respect, have fun, be clear about what we’re doing, and end things with a friendly, heartfelt…uh, handshake. What the hell am I talking about?

Today was unproductive. Got up at 2pm. I watched the Cubs win. Why am I watching the Cubs? I don’t even like the Cubs. Some of my friends like the Cubs and those friends have beer. I didn’t go to support the Cubs. I went to drink the beer. Oh shit, I’m starting to sound like a Cubs fan. What is happening to me?

After the game went over to Nap at Mark’s. Anne Marie’s little baby was there. Sarah is here name. She is beautiful, and her mother isn’t so bad either. Yup. Can’t get into a bar legally and already into moms.

The kid stole everybody’s heart. Goofed off and got ready to go to some sort of thing on Harrison with Shawn and Tom. This girl from one of Tom’s computer science classes came with us. Tom thought I was hitting on her so he got kinda pissed at me. Tom is always a little pissed at me. That’s part of his charm. Tom may have been on to something because his friend was super geeky and I go for geeky in a big way. Can’t get into bars legally and into geeky girls. That’s me all over.

I sat next to the keg the whole night so I was no real threat to Tom or his little friend. There was a band called D.A….uh, I mean Shake the Cage there. They sounded like the songs they played. I’m not sure why they needed to do the Jeff Healey tune, as far as I could tell, no one in the band was blind. Sometimes I think Jeff Healy isn’t blind, he just likes to play sitting down. Lazy-ass, fake-blind bastard. I wish I thought of it first.

Got loaded and left early. Yakked on the way home. Called Little Miss D. I scared the shit out of her. What was I saying about there being hope for me?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]