Saturday September 30, 1989 Come On
I got up at nine-fucking-thirty in the goddamn am to work at the goddamn fucking front desk.
At least it pays well.
Yesterday or last night, or earlier today was fantastic. I can’t believe what happened, happened. I can’t believe I think E`{` likes me. I can’t believe what a sap I am.
She’s smart, funny and dresses cool. She somehow looks cheery in black.
How do ya pull that off?
I went to Subway and made a pig out of myself. I actually think Mark and Susan might be getting something going. That’s good. That’s one problem solved for me.
Mark, I love you and I owe you one.
Bill’s home working on another script and that’s what I should be doing, or at least coming up with ideas or helping in some stupid way.
Of course, based on where my focus is right now…
On a pretty little red-haired girl…
Maybe I shouldn’t be coming up with ideas for our pile of killer bones that won’t die.
By doing nothing I am helping.
I worked on some stupid chord progressions that seemed to go nowhere. It makes you wonder if they could even be called progressions proper. There’s probably nothing proper about anything I write.
After coming home from work I spent today totally alone and that’s ok. I’m technically still recovering from the hangover from two nights ago. Part of the reason I didn’t try to kiss Miss E`{` last night is I didn’t want her to taste the cotton mouth.
Maybe they weren’t chord progressions but rather chord modulations that I was working on earlier today.
Yeah, “modulations” sounds more like jazz.
Jazz doesn’t have to make sense does it?
Listen to the notes I shouldn’t be playing.
Played Tecmo Bowl and stayed up way too late watching Headbanger’s Ball and being hungry. Russ came by and we went to Hardee’s to eat greasy loose meat.
Is there any other kind of loose meat?
When we got back I thought about calling E`{` but then decided I couldn’t because I didn’t have her number.
Is it possible that I could have spent all that time with her last night, having a wonderful walk, talk and breakfast and never ask for her number?
At least I remember where she lives, don’t I?