This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

September 24, 2011

 
Sunday Sept 24, 1989 The Sun is Up

Got up about an hour before the Bears game. Scratched out some letters to friends during the pre-game ESPN junk. Yeah, I'm the great fucking communicator. Take that Reagan. Who am I kidding? Deavers probably wrote all that guy's letters.

Steve came over to watch the game with us. I still can't believe he and Chris are twins. I say that every 50th entry so I was overdue.

Little Miss D called and asked if she could come up and watch the game. At first I thought it was weird. Normally girls don't want to watch the game and they don't want me to watch the game. But this kid called and wants to watch the game. I reminded myself to not be a jerk and not screw up and say something mean or stupid. She just wants to watch a football game with me and my friends. Share the niceness.

The Bears creamed the Lions and I was pleased. Yes, they did all that just to please me.

Susan's foot was feeling better. She called me to say she felt bad that her mom stood me up the other night. She took me to Subway. We brought the sandwiches back to John St., ate and watched the cats run around the kitchen.

It was more fun than it sounds.

Showed up just in time to bowl like shit in Chris & I's Sunday night handicap league. I'm going to blame the poor effort on too much food and not enough booze.

Note in my mailbox from Jen O reminding me to contact Professor Frisch this week. She also managed to shove a cigarette in there. I should be grateful but I have three problems...

1.) Who does she think she is reminding me to do something with my life, my mom?

2.) She swiped two cigarettes from me and only shoved one crumpled-assed one in my box.

3.) She swiped two, high quality Chesterfield Kings that I got from Zupec's at home (they are not always available at the White fucking Hen up here so I always buy at least two cartons from the gas station by my grandma's before coming back to school) and left one crumpled, and slightly wet Old Gold.

Fucking Old Golds.

I shouldn't act like I am too good for OGs as they are what I will be smoking once the Chesterfields run out.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]