Thursday September 21, 1989 Treat Me Like a Fool
Today’s the first day of fall(caps?). Today would’ve been my second anniversary(caps?) w/ what’s her name (no caps). Probably could’ve been a sad day if it hadn’t been for Engles. I went to “Nap Time” at his room. I never really cared for any of Mark’s games, but this was fun. It sounded like fun from the first time I heard about it. Who doesn’t like sleeping? Anyway, I’m not the “who” who doesn’t. Or is it the “who” that doesn’t? It’s not me, that’s the fucking point.
I spent most of the day lounging around on the floor of the C-1 RA’s room w/ Marky, Bill Garver, and little Dawn. I do not know how to act when girls pay attention to me. But that’s what makes me me…a real loser. Everybody is pretty rough on her, making fun of her naïve, trusting nature. I should treat her better. She kinda deserves it. We all kinda do.
Saw Dizzy Gillespie(sp?) tonight. I was supposed to see the show w/ Susan but a bee stung her foot. Yeeesh, she could’ve had the decency to say she was washing her hair. Actually, I saw her foot. It looked stung or fucked up in some way that wasn’t going to get better any time soon. Her mom came up to take care of her, and I was supposed to see the show with her mom. But her mom had to go home early. Yeeesh, SHE could’ve had the decency to say she was washing her hair. Susan gave me her extra ticket so I took this girl Kelly. She’s cool. She shouldn’t have cut her hair. We have the same birthday. I used to run around with a girl in high school who had the same birthday as me…uh, let’s hope this night out seeing jazz goes better than that.
It did. Great show. I don’t know shit about jazz, but I like guys who look like they have basketballs shoved in their cheeks. Yeah, culture isn’t my thing. Saw Dick there. Hadn’t seen him in a while. He’s a god. I should go over to the Honors House to hang out with him. Saw Mike and his girlfriend there. They’re nice, they seem happy. My dance teacher from last spring – Millie Olson was there. She was impressed by how dressed up I was. I wore a tie for chrissakes.
Studied POLS till way fucking late. Good thing Kelly and I only drank a few black Russians(caps?) after the show. POLS, too many numbers!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.