Friday Oct 6th 1989 He's a Walking Clothesline
Got up at 8am and called judicial. They allowed me to reschedule my alcohol meetings. They believed my excuse that I was sick. I am sick, or at least hung-over.
Rushed through a spasmodic breakfast. Cold greasy bacon (many pieces) chocolate milk (many glasses) and then I grimaced (many faces). Rolled to my POLS numbers class (late) and hung (literally) with Jennifer McFalls. She looked like she was in worse shape than me. She mumbled in my direction, "What the fuck are we doing here?" "Political science?" I mumbled back.
Computer work at the library and figured out how to send my job to Swen Parsons from the station in Founders. I guess it's the same computer hook up thingy and sending stuff should be the same from everywhere but not for me.
Damn you SUPERWILBER! Who thinks you're so super anyway? Not me. Screw you SUBERWILBER! You sure screwed me...or at least wasted time that I was planning to waste myself.
Late to Revolution and Romanticism. The revolution can wait for me, right? Um...
Shawn and I went to Northern Lights after Andy. Weirdest Andy ever. There was a faux Floyd and the plot had a real Rod Serling feel to it. I think Otis may have even been sober. It had to have been him because it wasn't us. The great thing about Hamms is you can't go poor drinking it.
I would be their celebrity spokesperson if I was famous...or a talking bear of some sort.
I'll never be cool enough to be a talking bear.
It was hard for Shawn to get money. The first machine wouldn't recognize his card at all. We tried to go to the Student Center but they wouldn't take my paycheck from the front desk. I said, "It's from the university. You're part of the university. This check is from you. You won't take a check from yourself?"
“No” was the only answer I got.
This explains much about modern university education.
We went to the First of DeKalb and I was able to cash my paycheck. Shawn scraped his pockets to get Daredevil. I got Webs and a bunch of other stuff. Shawn didn't want to take any money from me...but he did read some of my books and drink more of my beer when we got back. That's ok. He kicks in the general 513 booze fund, leaves shit there, helps clean up for parties and buys for Chris and I whenever we want.
Drank, read comics then Dawn and I went to the talent show to see Devin and Mike Hickey play guitars. Everything else sucked but they were great. I don't know much about Mike but what I know, I like. Devin is like me only a better person with more talent. Ok, so he's not much like me at all except that we make fun of most things that deserve to be made fun of which is most things in general.
I hope that came out the way I intended.
Too late to go back and fix it now.
Came back to Douglass and worked late. You know who and I closed the desk. We went to her room and had screwdrivers. She let me smoke. We were civil.
Good night.