This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

October 23, 2011

 
Monday Oct 23, 1989 Most Becoming, Almost

This entry has almost nothing to do with Donnie Most.

Possibly.

Like the alcoholic I am almost certainly becoming, I am planning to stay off the booze for the next week or so…at least until Halloween. I want to be sober for however long E`{` and I are together so I can enjoy whatever we have that’s not going to last because those are the kinds of things a guy like me enjoys.

And anyway, it’s my life. Ok, “it’s my life” is Lou Reed’s line but I have a life and can claim it as mine. I just can’t say anything poetically original about it.

If these are my “clear thoughts” sober, maybe I better rethink the whole sobriety thing.

What to do while I am staying sober, and when I’m not with E`{` is an important thing to consider because I can’t bug her all the time lest our short term, casual thing becomes even shorter and not so casual.

I’m trashing the James paper and throwing myself into Byron’s Don Juan. I don’t know anything about Byron other than the famous phrase but for guys like me, being “mad, bad and dangerous to know” goes a long way. Even if someone is two-thirds of that, they probably have my full attention.

Or at least two-thirds of it.

Oh, and the staying sober thing is probably going to start Tuesday. After the radio show I told Mindy that I’d make us some drinks. My way of thanking her for saving me at the front desk the other night. No funny business. I think she is seeing some one and so am I. We’re just a coupla kids having drinks and pretending to be grown ups. Not a damned thing wrong with that.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]