This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

October 02, 2011

 
Monday October 2 We Could Make History or Not

Like the kid in the 5 Man Electrical Band song, I did not sleep at all last night. About 3:30am Miss D decided she had to interrupt our talk and go back to her own bed or there would be roommate repercussions. Being a gentleman I threw on a faded Maiden t-shirt (stolen from someone's ex-boyfriend) and red Bermudas w/ yellow triangles down both sides.

It is a long standing policy of mine to always have a pair of thrown-on shorts always ready to throw on preventing me from ever having to wear cut-offs.

Walked D back to her room. As she closed the door I could hear her roomie shriek, “Where the Hell have you been?”

Nothing like having a mother at college.

I never made it back to my room, “never” not being wholly accurate, but suitable here.

On my way through the lobby I saw Scottie K sitting cross-legged on one of the smoking section couches. She was wearing her over sized Huskie red & black sweats. She’d been up all night studying and was now relaxing. Her Huskie red lipstick-lips kissed out blue-grey smoke that lazily rolled upwards through her looping, black curls.

Where did all this description come from?

First E`{`’s “red, curly/wirey hair” and now this piss-poor travesty of a description.

Piss-poor travesty. I’m not even sure if that’s redundant or just stupid.

Women are the finest thing ever. Some dipshit Christian friend of mine once said that women were the crown of creation or god’s masterpiece or some shit like that.

That’s the smartest thing that dipshit ever tried to say.

But I can single-handedly undo all the good that dipshit’s alleged god did by describing women poorly.

Who am I kidding? I can’t cheapen women with my prose. This isn't even prose. These are just practice words on a page. Besides, nothing I could ever hope to be or achieve will match what they are. I don't like women telling me what to do and one will not tell me what to do ever ever again, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate them, their beauty and their character.

I’m just sorry for myself because I can’t do these girls justice here there or where I want to do them justice.

I’m going to try to do justice to our conversation because it was sweet and somewhat worth remembering. Ok, she was sweet and by the end I made a fool of myself. But maybe I didn’t make a fool of myself since Scottie knows me and is friends with my friends. And my friends have come to expect some foolish behavior from me.

So the conversation…

Me: “Hey Smokey the Bear. Why are you up so late?”
Scottie: “We have Halizer’s quiz tomorrow.”
Me: “Sure. That’s why I’m up so late.”
Scottie: “What is the name of our class?”
Me: “Post-Renaissance Spain.”
Scottie: “Ok so you remember the name of our class. What else do you know?”

Scottie got to show off for me as she talked at me about regionalism, the connection between geography and Spanish political history and said something about the differences in the caste system between pre and post Renaissance Spain. Her showing off was helping me to bone up for our quiz and I am nothing if not grateful.

Me: “Wanna smoke?”
Scottie: “Hell yeah I do. Time to relax. Bring it to my room. I’ll meet you there.”

She was waiting and I didn’t forget anything. We only smoked a little and sat on the top bunk next to each other, backs against the wall. It was hard for her to get comfortable. She had taken off her red & black sweatshirt off before I got to the room. All she had on was a loose tank top and it left her shoulders exposed. Bare shoulders get extra cold against these dorm walls.

Now the next part is big and stupid. I insinuated that Scottie was big and might be lonely, and that means, of course, I am stupid.

Me: “This is true whether we're this way or not...”
Scottie: “The truth is probably still true no matter what shape you’re in eddie.”

She called me eddie.

Me, oblivious: “I love when girls like you wear sweats.”

Uh oh

Scottie: “What the fuck does that mean ed?”

Oh shit

Me: “I just mean...I don’t know.”
Scottie: “Big girls. You mean you love when big girls where sweats? Fat girls? Fat girls who will let you get in their pants because you barely get them high with your nasty, leftover, bottom of the bag weed?”

Ok, I’m trying to remember everything she said, but I was a little up in the clouds and it was very late. She probably tore into me much better than this. Scottie was smart and could be nasty. That’s part of what made her so attractive.

Me: “Come on I just thought ‘We’re lonely here, together’ and you know?”
Scottie: “Yeah? I have a boyfriend at home.”
Me: “Oh. That’s why I never see you going out with anyone.”
Scottie: “And you assumed it was fat, lonely me waiting every night for you to what?”
Me: “Just, you know. Put my hands on you. You’re cold. Give you a massage.”
Scottie: “A massage? Then why talk about my sweats?”

Fair question

Me: “Look Scottie, I’m sorry. I’m high and a little horny. You were being nice to me and I’m a jerk.”
Scottie: “Damn right you’re the jerk.”
Me: “Sorry.”
Scottie: “Not every one just waits around for a chance to screw, or massage or whatever you were trying to do here.”
Me: “I know.”
Scottie: “Are you going to just keep saying ‘I know’? You’re not even going to try and defend yourself?
Me: “What’s there to defend?”

I left and, obviously, we didn’t do it. This isn’t tv where people get mad one minute and the next they are all over each other. This is my life. When people are mad they are fucking mad and I just have to deal with it until they are not mad.

It all sort of worked out for me anyhow, although I would’ve loved even to just help Scottie get off. Our talk helped me pull a 90% or something like that on the quiz.

Glad I bumped into Scottie.

Insert “bumped” joke here.

Insert “insert” joke here.

Insert “here” joke there.

I need to think less about fucking and more about sleeping.

Ran into Karla and she was up even later than me, although technically I guess I was still up. She seemed more active than me at this late hour. In my defense I found leisure with Scottie hence my nigh-relaxed state. Did I just say "nigh"? What am I a horse?

High as a horse on my high horse.

Nay

We smoked a bunch of cigarettes and listened to the Alarm. I've never been a big fan of that band. I always thought, 'Well these guys'll do until some interesting music comes back'

I'm still waiting.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]