This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

October 15, 2011

 
Sunday Oct 15, 1989 Waiting for the Pictures

Some other weird shit happened over the weekend that I should write about. Mark got married. Some Super-Swede. She passed Super-Swede and blinded me with the whiteness of her hair when we met. Yup. My pal is married. He knew her for a good several hours before pledging his eternal drunk to her.

Ah, romance.

Best hitching post I ever witnessed, or so I have been told. Bill was wedding security. Tom Near was the preacher. Our other Tom was the best man. I was the worst man.

There may have been a third Tom there but don’t quote me on that. And while you’re at it don’t forget to not quote the Raven ever again. I think that’s the point of that thing, but I am sort of known for missing the point of things.

I was definitely worse for wear and tear when I got there, Mark’s wedding that is. I don’t totally remember being there but Vanessa or Scottie or someone told me they’d prove it to me when the pictures are developed. I’m ok with waiting for the pictures.

I’m sure this is the first of many weddings for my friend. I’m bound to remember one of them if I can’t quite recall this one.

Showed up for part of the June Bug Massacre show…or whatever current incarnation of JBM is smoking pot and making music somewhere in our town. It was at that crappy, too bright coffee house in the downtown. The owners were nice to me even when I threatened to break some of the lights so I could see straight.

I left the gig shortly after that and went to see E`{`. Jason P. was hanging around her place and I was determined to wait him out. He left because he had something to do. I don’t have those sorts of problems.

E`{` I talked until 2:30am while Laurel and her boyfriend were taking full advantage of the bedroom. Actually, I think they were both passed out drunk. I saw Laurel’s man earlier at the gig and he looked not so sober at the time. He’s ok, although I think his name is Bob. I’m not prejudiced, but Shawn, Khyle and I all have this thing for guys named Bob. Maybe we’re the problem, but I don’t think so. If you are reading this thing and your name is Bob, I’m not going to apologize. Your parents should apologize to me for fucking naming you Bob. You’re even one letter short of being a boob so you have way bigger problems than me mister. And if you are a woman named Bob, I really can’t help you.

I may be a Bob-hating-sonofabitch, but I convinced sweet E`{` to let the lovebirds have the apartment and come back with me to the ever exciting Douglass Hall. I told her that Buttweasle was at Erika’s so we’d definitely be able to hang out, talk and not worry about anything.

And honestly, I had no agenda. I wanted to keep talking to this girl and she was growing uncomfortable with the situation in her bedroom. I failed to mention that Laurel and E`{` share a bedroom (not in the way I’d like them to) but having the boyfriend passed out or whatever in there meant E`{` could not go to bed, or she felt like she couldn’t go in there.

Seriously. No agenda. I’m not about agendas. I’m not about truth either, but fuck agendas. Who has time for that?

Long, slow walk back to my place. Talking and mostly laughing. I’ve been in this town two years now, and this is the prettiest fall by far. Definitely. The weather has been conducive to long walks and talks with pretty little red-haired girls. I made sure not to talk to her about the fucking weather.

We bounced up the front stairs of Douglass and found the lobby empty. Strange that there was no one talking, smoking, juggling, killing time or even passed out drunk on one of the sofas at 3am. E`{` and I stopped by the desk and said “hey” to Nataki. Then we headed to A5.

We both plopped down on my bed at the same time. So glad Chris and I do not do the bunk bed style. His bed is over his desk and mine is just out there with nothing above it except the gods (and they’d disapprove of my behavior whether a bunk was there or not).

We leaned back against the wall at the same time. Synchronized lounging, pretty neat. We stared at each other. Synchronized staring, a little creepy, but we both seemed to be into it.

Maybe her eyes are green-brown. I forget how I represented, or misrepresented them in the earlier entries. What did I know then? We were walking around outside like fools. Tonight we made it back to my room.

She told me how she once had a pet rabbit and her mom made the rabbit a collar so she could walk her pet around on a leash.

I laughed. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. I asked her the rabbit’s name.

“Melvin,” she said.

We laughed, then we kissed and it was over for both of us. Ok, it was over for me but that first kiss with E`{` was a summer blockbuster, post car chase guy gets girl and movie grosses more than Star Wars kiss.

Well, maybe it wasn’t a summer blockbuster kiss. But it was better than a tv kiss. Let’s just say it was a ‘made for tv movie’ kiss.

And it will do just fine, for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]