This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

October 08, 2011

 
Sunday October 8, 1989 Losers

Bears lose. To Tampa Bay. It doesn't seem like they have lost a game to the Bucs since I was a kid. Don't quote me on that. I'm not a football historian. I'm not even a history historian...or at the rate I'm going, history will be over by the time I get the degree I've been pretending to get.

But if I'm only pretending...oh, skip it.

On that front saw Jen and she tried to guilt trip me for sticking with the fuck around decision to only take nine hours. I ended up feeling a touch guiltier when Bill joined our conversation.

He said that Miss D puked 7 times after I left.

I said, "At least it was after I left."

Bill gave me that look.

"And 7, that sound biblical. Maybe it's a sign."

Then Jen gave me that look.

I lit a Chesterfield, sat back and started flipping through my mail from the last month.

"I guess you think that's all that's in you. You want to try to live the rock 'n roll lifestyle?" Jen asked.

Actually, if I had my choice, I'd just make rock 'n roll. Fuck the lifestyle; it seems like it could get real boring after a while.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]