Tuesday Oct 10, 1989 Look Away
Woke up late, skipped ILAS. Now I'll never learn how it turns out for America. Oh yeah, rotten with a chance of more lies. Nice to have predictable profs.
Bill, Shawn and I watched Peter Fonda's Race with the Devil. Not a good movie, but everybody in it was drinking like they were afraid that the Devil was going to take their booze. I can respect that.
Shawn and I found out about a refund we were both owed from the university. We went to the Bursars to pick up our just deserts. We were sure that if we combined his check and mine we'd have enough for a case of something mediocre and enjoy delicious beer on the powers that be. You can imagine our horror when the bursar person told us that our individual amounts were too small to cut checks (we were each owed $4.96 and NIU will not produce a check for anything lower than $5!) - BLOODY BASTARDS
I was invited to play euchre with Tom and Mark (and presumably someone else, although I don't know who the other person was) but I had to fucking work. Fuck my fucking job. Wait, I love my job. It helps me to get beer which is more than I can say for the university.