Thursday Jan 11, 1990 The Old Drink and Read
Note to me: There is no reason to drink so much when I read during the day. I need to learn to make drinking a reward or it is simply no fun. Life is not so bad that it requires alcohol while it is being lived. Booze is only necessary when all the work is done or there is nothing left to do.
I should not yet be at the point where that is always.
Which brings me to The Beautiful and Damned. I don't believe it. I never fucking believed it. Too boozy. There is no need for that book to be that boozy. I still love parts of it and may read it one more time in my life, but Anthony should drink a fucking cup of coffee for the love of all that is holy.
Maybe that's why he doesn't.