This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

January 31, 2012

 
Wed Jan 31, 1990 Danny's Back

...but he probably won't save my reputation.

POLS 240, super early this morning. Gordie compared himself to Donahue. Both of 'em are pretty gray.

Ferrakan is still all people want to talk about around here. I'm done with the whole thing. Danny is back in town. He's serious about taking a year off from Northwestern (because the city is kicking his ass) and writing here in the hinterlands. Good for him, and good for me. I'm glad to have someone from home up here.

We had dinner in Sycamore. He said Ronnie never contacted him about being "his guy" up here, dealing with the farmers, renting cars, going to Loves Park...NOTHING. Not a damned thing. I thought Ronnie was desperate to do something here. I thought when he was sure that I was not "his guy" Danny would be the next, not to say the only logical choice.

Maybe he still thinks I am going to be "his guy"...but if that was the case he'd be calling me or coming up here or bugging me somehow. That hasn't happened. Megs has been here but the only things she's interested in are Note and her little problem.

Not like Ronnie to be lazy, but it is like me to not know what the fuck is going on so I am just going to conclude that, at this point, I don't know what the fuck is going on or what is going to happen. All I know is Danny and I enjoyed our dinner and drank too many Old Styles at Scalawags.

Like a couple of scalawags.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]