Sunday Feb 11, 1990 Jordan and Why I Say “Fuck Baseball”
…by me.
Slept late and missed lunch at the Douglass cafe. Chris and all my friends from A5 managed to wake up before 2pm. Called Note and he was up for an early dinner at the Real Red Apple. I think I've converted him to the power and beauty of their burgers. My friend @ Rick's who always gives me unlimited soda gave me and Note unlimited soda.
Made the mistake of saying I was excited for tonight's NBA All Star Game. Note gave me the whole, "Yes Michael Jordan is probably the greatest individual player in terms of talent we have ever seen...but here is why baseball is better...."
Fuck him. I just was excited to see the NBA All Star game. We had a nice talk anyway, our energy and enthusiasm aided by the aforementioned unlimited soda.
League night and I rolled a 200 game. When I do ok, our team is unstoppable. My handicap is so high and I suck, but that's the advantage of me sucking. On the odd ten frames when I approach above average performance, our team is rewarded handsomely.
I wonder what my handicap should be for putting together sentences?
I know the over/under on how many good sentences I write in a given "thing" has got to be pretty fucking low.
Bet the "over" on swear words in whatever I'm fucking writing.
Stopped by the desk and thanked Karla for taking my shift. She told me to enjoy the game and say "hi" to Chris.
Everybody loves my roomie. I can't blame them. I love that guy too.
The game was fun even though stupid Magic got the stupid MVP. Jordan was his normal self, which was TOTALLY UNFUCKINGSTOPPABLE!!!
After the game Chris and his wife were cuddling and settling down for the night. I needed to get the hell out of there. Called Note and convinced him to pick me up and drive us to the Candlelight.
It was drinks and more of the why baseball is better than basketball talk from my friend. After the SOX season this year, and all they've been through I want to be done with the team forever. Note is a SOX fan too, but he's a big baseball fan in general.
He is a beautiful guy with an incredible mind, but I am not ready to consider his arguments at this point. The Bears are the biggest thing around here by a long shot, the Bulls are on the rise and the only baseball that matters in this part of Illinois is the Cubs and their mystique. Fuck that and fuck baseball, for now.