This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

February 14, 2012

 
Wed Feb 14, 1990 The Low, Quiet Noise

Oh God. I am willing to accept help from any source to get rid of this thing in my head in my ears...the whiskey and God knows what else from last night with Danny. Not sure what I skipped out on today but you can be damned sure I skipped it.

Woke up as Chris was returning from class. He said, "Buttmunch, do you remember what I told you this morning?"

Me: "No but I dreamed someone was saying stupid shit to me."
Chris: "That must've been someone else. Your friend Dan something called."
Me: "Yeah?"
Chris: "He can't get together and do whatever you guys were going to do."
Me: "Really?"
Chris: "He said he was going home to have dinner with his mom."

Dan is spending Valentine's with his mom? Weird, but ok. I mean his mom is hot for a Slovenian lady in her mid-50's but that's his mom.

I was planning on drinking Bloody Mary's with Danny in an attempt to deal with the low, quiet noise of a hangover that invaded my brain today. Stood up by a man on Valentine's. That's pretty bad and that's where things are with me.

Smoked too much with Devin and Jennifer McF. Ruthie and her little friend Kris were also there. Bill tried to draw out with us in the lobby but at one point he said, "Guys I don't think I can see my work with all this smoke."

"Looks good to me," I said. Bill really ought to have more confidence. He does good work, even through the haze of our carcinogenic exhaust. That's not an attempt at being poetic on my part, that's just sad

And true.

Bitched and bitched about the false prophet of love, this Saint Valentine. Someone should've machine-gunned his ass instead of those poor defenseless gangsters back in the 20's.

What the hell am I talking about?

Laura, Jen-O and a few other folks made their way to the lobby later. I got tired of bitching and Jen-O and I went to her room, listened to Chet Baker and Charlie Parker and drank beer.

Happy fucking shit everybody.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]