This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

April 27, 2012

 

Friday April 27, 1990 Drinking Our Way Back to Nature

John and Holly came by early…TOO DAMNED EARLY…I think they were going to see the dopeman.  That’s fine for them.  I want no part of that these days, especially with the judgment those two show.  I don’t trust any of John’s friends.  Even me.  Especially me.  And if it’s Holly’s dopeman, that guy is a total fucking creep…even among dopemen.

This is why I will always prefer booze to dope.  Boozing with friends makes for better friends all around.  Dope makes us befriend creeps just to go off and forget how creepy the world is getting.  But maybe that’s just me.  Maybe some folks become great friends with their friendly neighborhood dopeman.  Maybe, but I don’t think so.

Played hoops with Chris.  He doesn’t need a dopeman to be cool.  We were both excited about the Bulls game.  Erika invited Susan over to watch with us.  That is weird.  I think Susan is the only one of my friends Chris’ wife likes and maybe she wants to be friends with more girls or something.  Cool with me.  I like Sue.  Just didn’t think she was a basketball girl.

We all had fun.  I kept myself to two beers in the first half and three in the second half.  The Bulls won and Susan invited me back to her place for White Russians.  I really don’t like them anymore but I drank the damned things because I like Susan.  I actually think I like Susan a lot more now that I don’t think I love her.  Does that make sense?

Of course it doesn’t.

After the White Russians, Susan agreed to drink shots of whiskey to be social with me.  Finally, society working for me…I think.

We went to the bars and saw Corey.  I asked her how things went with the bartender from Amnesia.  She pointed at her mouth and did a gag-face.  I was sort of happy that was a disaster.

Susan and I drank slowly and happily.  We laughed a lot and then we left.  We took a walk through Huber Park.  I thought maybe she was going to pump me for information about John and Holly, but she just wanted to talk about shit in general.  So did I.  We just wanted to be out of the bar and out in nature, even if it was the middle of the night.  It was a beautiful night and nature is beautiful, even if you can’t see much of it in the dark.  You know it’s there and you feel safe and good surrounded by beauty.  I don’t care if this makes us sound like hippies.  We know we are not like those stupid bastards.  We can hate hippies and love nature no matter what anyone says.  Damn hippies had the better part of this century, they can’t have the whole goddamned earth as well.

I walked Susan back to her place and we got there about 4:30am.  She went straight up to bed cuz we drank a lot by the end of the night and the walk didn’t sober us up as much as we thought it would.  I sat on her couch, smoked the last of the fucking Tareytons and then passed out.  Here’s to a beautiful, uncomplicated night.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]