Monday April 2, 1990 A Sneaky Fuck
Got up super late. Spent too much time in bed staring at the large crusts left in the pizza box on my desk. When I got out of bed I stood over the crusts and tried to remember who was eating which one. I wanted to see if I could make out a difference in the bite marks left on the two remaining crusts.
I concluded if I was ever a super detective who needed to examine food to catch the culprit, the crime would go unsolved.
Hung out in the lobby with some big, blonde guy named John before going to the Xenophon talk. He asked if I'd heard from Jen since she went home. I said no. She's got bigger things to deal with than talking to me. When this sort of thing happens, I assume there's little comfort in talking to someone like me.
I didn't tell this John that, but I know it in my heart to be true.
Mr. S. wasn't able to lead our discussion. Frisch sat in for him. I thought to myself, 'I know he and Jen were close but I hope they weren't so close that he knew she and I were pals'
I know that's a terrible thing to think, but it's probably one of the less terrible terrible things I think in an average day.
Probably too young to be a failure and feel this jaded and yet, here I am.
Frisch's presentation was great. He ran down Xenophon the whole time and came just short of describing him as Soctrates' worst student. The rest of the evening was more like an advertisement for his "Four Texts on Socrates" summer course. It's an introduction to Plato's writings through what one might describe as Socratic skepticism.
Even though I felt uncomfortable and weird during the whole evening with Jen's friends and her favorite teacher, I made a decision that Frisch's class would be this summer's installment of Escape from Joliet.
As the discussion was dying down, I snuck the fuck out of there because that's what I do, that's who I am.
A sneaky fuck
Watched UNLV kick the crap out the Blue Devils. They didn't look so smart getting dunked on all night by Tark's crew (who I'm sure were all recruited according to NCAA guidelines).
Honestly, if any of the Runnin' Rebels were recruited legally, I'd be bitterly disappointed