This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

April 29, 2012

 

Sunday April 29, 1990 Second High Scratch

Bowled a 192 tonight!  I also received an award for my score of 228 from earlier in the season.  It was the second highest scratch game of the season.  Steve and Chris were consistently good each week and their average nights were far and away better than mine.  But it was nice for my inconsistency to be rewarded when the fates allowed it to veer towards the almost great.

Watched Unplugged with Garv in the TV Room.  Michelle Shocked and the Indigo Girls played separate sets and then they played with Jules (or is it Jools, or is that the Squeeze guy, or is he the Squeeze guy?).  Whoever he was/is, I hope he didn’t think he’d get lucky with anyone on the show that night.

Then we watched David Sanborn’s show.  The Indigo Girls were also on that show.  They’re everywhere and nowhere through the miracle of television, much like my mind.  Sonic Youth made its (or is it their) network television debut and tv is not ready for rock like this.  The evening ended with all the performers on stage doing Goodnight Irene into I Wanna Be Yer Dog.  Kim Gordon kicked ass, did I mention I love her?  Even Sandborn made rude noises on his sax.  The last number came crashing down, a guy desperately tried to smash a recorder as the credits rolled.

That show is too cool to last

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]