This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

April 08, 2012

 
Sunday April 8, 1990 A Legitimate Breakfast

It was nice waking up with you know who for the first time in god knows when. We shared the newspaper in bed. It was sort of like playing house again. It's like a lot of sweet things in life, not totally real but nice enough.

We ate breakfast at the Junction. It was safe for us to go there because it was too late for all the drinkers we know, and too early for the college kids to be there eating a legitimate breakfast. We talked about nothing and enjoyed it. She didn't even bitch when I smoked after breakfast.

Yeah, it's definitely over because I know she would not put up with that shit if she was going to try to have many more breakfasts with me. Smoking in general turned PSBFH off, and smoking at breakfast reminded her of her mother.

Returned to Douglass, I took her late morning shift at the desk so she could make phone calls from her room. She relieved me in the afternoon so I could read and get ready for Haliczer's report. I resisted the temptation to try and sleep in her bed two nights in a row, but I did try call and say good night.

She didn't answer.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]