This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

April 03, 2012

 
Tuesday April 3, 1990 Rhythm of the Game

The SOX open in about a week. Anything has got to be better than last year. They were so bad some fans almost wished they were shipped off to Tampa Bay.

I know I should have more important things on my mind but I don't.

Chris and I have been sort of anti-baseball, especially with the rise of the Bulls and the Cubs being the only serious contender the past five years, but my baseball vitriol is only half-hearted. I really hate it. I am excited to see if these starters for the SOX can pitch and what is going to happen if they can't. Thigpen (not jazz drummer Ed Thigpen, whose name can be repeated ad nauseum) had 30 some saves last year which is amazing, considering how few winnable games there were for the team.

But I can't even begin to think about the end of games when last year's SOX were so bad at the beginning, in the middle and sometimes at the end of games.

Like most baseball fans, I am already getting way the fuck ahead of myself.

Baseball is almost back, but I don't know if there is anything to be all that excited about other than its return. If the Cubs are good again in September in October, there will be some fun parties again, so that will be something. Some mean Cub fans will stick it to me because of the SOX suckage, but I can take that. That’s why god gave us booze and fists, right?

That’s also why god made me an idiot.

Ate a meal with Garv, Jeanz, and Jake. I saw Amy G. down there and asked her to join us. She's a FLerP girl I met at Mark's wedding. She's short but I like her.

Speaking of short, I stopped at PSBFH's room and we had a short meeting before I went to hang out with the Shawn. Yeah, real smart meeting with her. Doing that now is certainly not going to make me more fucked up.

Shawn had been telling me all day he needed to talk with me in private about something. When I found out what it was, it was cool but I can't write about it here. I think I've been pretty smart about not putting any of that shit on paper. I'm stupid but I'm not going to allow myself to be incriminated by my own poorly written diary.

Megs called and told me she lost her shirt on Duke last night. I told her she should stick to betting football, anything else she does is sickness.

Then she told me a bunch of stuff that I also am not going to write here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]