This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

May 21, 2012

 

Monday 21, 1990 He’s Like Carlton Fisk That Way

Wasn’t I supposed to be writing in DeKalb and staying with Danny?  Instead I have spent three days (so far) holed up with Megs in her family’s home.  We stayed relatively straight other than a few beers yesterday afternoon at the Keg.

Tonight we had dinner with Ronnie.  He was out of food at his apartment and decided to raid his mother’s fridge while she was in Europe.  At least he was decent enough to throw enough smokies and kraut in the pan for everyone.  As he was cooking I asked, “Did you ever think of grilling those?”

“You’ve been in college too long.  Bring up some beer from the cellar, College.”

The three of us ate and drank beers on the back porch.  We brought a radio out and listened to the SOX beat the stupid Yankees in their stupid house that stupid built.  I don’t really hate the Yankees but when you’re around a bunch of SOX fans you sort of get stuck pretending you do.  Danny Pasqua, Ventura and jerkface Fisk banged out homers.  Ronnie laughed when we told him about our low-speed misadventure in the Shitlomat.

After the game he asked if we wanted to go out, but we declined.  When we said no, Ronnie screwed up his face and gave me a look that said ‘are you playing house with my sister in my house’

Ok, I don’t know if any look says that.  He just gave me his normal, jerkface look.  Ronnie’s like Carlton Fisk that way.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]