This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

May 19, 2012

 

Saturday May 19, 1990 Sort of Together and Sort of Safe

Spent the night with Zupecs.  Not both of the sisters, although I’ve dreamt about it.  They let me crash at their house.  Their mom is out of town, way the fuck out of town and I’m sure Megs isn’t sure when her mom plans to return.  I didn’t want to confuse my folks by coming home when I told them I planned to stay with Danny and then move in with Marnie when she takes her new place on College Avenue.

I don’t think I mentioned that one.  Marnie and I decided for financial and other reasons, we are going to try to live together for as much of the summer as possible.  It seemed like a bad idea when we thought of it and it hasn’t gotten any better since.  But I’m sure there will be more of that mess later.

Gina made breakfast and it was tasty.  Pancakes and too much bacon, which is just the right amount as far as I am concerned.  My cardiologist would say otherwise, but I am too poor and too stupid and too unconcerned about my health to have a cardiologist.

Gina went out with some friends for the afternoon and Megs and I napped in the mom’s bed.  I don’t know what polite society thinks of such things but it was the right thing for us to do at that moment, and that’s all I cared about.  The rain doinking off the metal awning made us feel happy to be right there, sort of together and sort of safe.

I drifted in and out of sleep during the SOX loss to the Tigers.  Heard Kittie Kat hit one off Frank Tanana.  That was a good thing.  Feeling safe with in bed with Megs after what happened the other day, I don’t know what the hell to make of that. 

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]