This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

May 27, 2012

 

Sunday May 27, 1990 Spare the Ball Bag

Danny went home yesterday afternoon so I’ve had his place to myself for the weekend.  Reading about the Gray Wolves of Chicago.  It would probably make a great band name, so great that I’m sure twenty bands (three good, two ok and fifteen sucky) have probably taken the name in the last fifty years or so.

I never get in on the ground floor of these things.

SOX win again.  Fisk took Morris deep.  Thigpen was solid at the back end of the game.  He walked Fielder but that’s it.  And it was an intentional walk.  Cecil looked disgusted that he had to walk his fat ass down to first.  That’s what you get when your pre-game meal is eating everything in sight except for the ball bag.

I don’t know if balls come in big ball bags in the majors, but if they did, Cecil Fielder would be at least tempted to eat them.  I don’t know why I keep picking on fat ballplayers.  If I keep drinking beer while sitting and listening to baseball, I’ll be fat without the talent.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]