This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

May 06, 2012

 

Sunday May 6, 1990 Someone Had a Good Saturday

Tried to say a nice good bye to AM and sneak off the Honors Floor early in the AM.  Just to be clear, there was no poking of any sort but we were both so drunk and pissed off that I woke up certain we spent the evening saying cruel things about everyone we know.  That is an awful feeling.

Stupid PSBFH caught me sneaking down the hallway.  Damn her, always getting up early to run or whatever.  There was no one else in the hall but she whispered to me, “Did you sleep with someone down here last night?”

I wish I had the presence of mind to respond ‘you know you can’t ask me that anymore’ but I was tired, still drunk and ashamed.  I just walked past her.  That much of the day went right.

Came home with every intention of sleeping all afternoon but the damned phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing.  And ringing.  I unhooked the receiver and shoved it in the fucking garbage can.

Woke up after 6pm and the Douglass Hall cafeteria was closed.  Went to Rick’s by myself and ate a big juicy burger, happy to be in my own company.  I’m glad someone can still stand me.  Right now, I’m surprised it is me.

Bought cigarettes.  After what I’ve been through, every cigarette that is not a Tareyton is a blessing.  Hung out in the lobby, smoking by myself.  Ran into Amy.  She said she tried to call me earlier to see if I wanted to do some Sunday night drinking.  We agreed that Wednesday drinking is great and Sunday night drinking is a close second.  But what do we know.

I said I might have some stuff going on later but if I didn’t I’d call her.

I didn’t have stuff going on later, but I didn’t call her either.  I hooked up my phone though.  Megs called about 10pm.  She said she finally told Note to go fuck himself and she won money on the Derby. 

I’m glad someone had a good Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]