This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

May 24, 2012

 

Thursday May 24, 1990 Do You Want Some Cake?

Woke up this morning and Megs was gone.  I had just enough money for a pack of cigarettes so I went around the corner to the gas station and got some.  Spent the day hanging around the Zupec family’s house, reading and waiting for Megs to come back.  She didn’t, but her sister did.

“Where’s Margie?” Gina asked.

“She’s gone,” I said.

“Where’d she go?”

“I thought she was going to work this morning, but it’s…um, what time is it?”

“It’s 6:30 Eddie.”

“Yeah,” I continued, “Now it’s 6:30 and I have no idea where she is.”

“And why are you here?” Gina asked.

“You want some cake?”

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]