This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

May 31, 2012

 

Thursday May 31, 1991 First Time Chinese

Had dinner with Marnie’s parents.  Yen Ching.  This is going to sound stupid, but it is the first time I ever had Chinese food.  Where I grew up, we’re not normal Americans.  We don’t go out for Chinese.  We eat about twelve things other than special, seasonal meals and none of them include going out for a casual dinner.

I ate the hot braised pork.  Fucking fantastic.  Marnie and I were so hung over, but perked up at dinner with her p’s.  They’re really great.  They were going to stay in town one more night, at the Fargo I think, then go on vacation, or back home or who knows where.

I was so into the dinner, I didn’t pay attention to much of what anyone was saying

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]