Tuesday May 1, 1990 Something
Cool Beginning
The last show ended after
3am. We just kept going until we played
that stupid song, as I mentioned in the previous entry. After the Yardbirds caterwauling, trying to
sound like the Kinks, we couldn’t take anymore.
Thank god there was no audience left at that point. We just flipped the switch and shut down the
station.
It’s WKDI. Of course there’s a switch that just turns
off the radio station.
After the show Bill, Devin
and I hung out playing guitars and doing some caterwauling of our own in the CD
Lower Lounge (and when I’m there it is the Seedy Lower Lounge). Then we took our “act” into the bathroom and
recorded “I Like to Drink (Oh Yeah)”.
I’m not sure the bathroom was ready for us.
Devin and I have been playing
a lot of guitar these days. It’s really
helping me not think about all the shit that’s ending. Maybe that means something cool is beginning.