This is NOT Over

Here is a life in desperate need of a rimshot

July 09, 2012

 

Tuesday July 3 – Monday July 9, 1990 Understood

I think parts of this week were fun.  Still pissed about fighting with Danny.  The SOX were part of a truly historic thing and I wasted the good feeling arguing with a guy who was supposed to be my friend.  We were supposed to come back to DeKalb together but we haven’t spoken since our stupid argument. 

Megs drove me back to school on Tuesday.  We hung out most of the day and did nothing.  We took a break from doing nothing to go out and buy cigarettes.  I asked her, “Aren’t you suppose to be working?”

“I quit,” she said.

I didn’t ask any questions.  Megs never gives away too much.  It’s not that she loves that job but what else is she doing?  Well, if she doesn’t give a shit, why should I?

I did not show up to a single meeting of the Intro to Political Philosophy class this week.  I knew at least one or two of the week’s meetings were cancelled so I cancelled the ones that weren’t already cancelled.  

Spent quality time with Bill Garver and his family in the little Kingdom of Prindle.  Saw washed up bands sleepwalk their way through their mid-tempo hits and hung out with Shawn.  We can only hope to one day be in a washed up band sleepwalking our way through anything.

The rest of the week involved road drinking in Arlington Heights, DeKalb drinking, and home drinking Saturday in Joliet with Megs and Jimmy and Ronnie.  Had a weird talk with Jimmy and maybe I will come back to that later.

Frisch asked me to walk with him to his office after class.  He spent most of last week in DC for a panel discussion on and celebration of the lives of Adams and Jefferson.  He scheduled some guest speakers and said he was disappointed when Mr. S told him I didn’t come to the guest lecture’s talk on Xenophon and Plato.

MF: “There are some things here you don’t want to miss this summer.”
Me: “I know.”
MF: “You shouldn’t miss any more classes this summer.”
Me: “I won’t.”
MF: “I’m not going to bother talking to you about this again.”

Understood.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]